Tuesday, July 8, 2014

RED LIP #1: DRAGON GIRL BY NARS


Hey peeps,

    I don't know about you, but I love a good red lip! Who doesn’t really? A red lip can kick things up a notch tremendously. When done correctly of course… I am sure we can all attest to that.
    Dragon Girl is one of my favorite red lipsticks. It is a velvet matte lip pencil from Nars. Ever since I bought it a few months ago, I can’t seem to put it down. Now that I think about it, I am blown away at the fact I haven’t had to repurchase it. However, it is only a matter of time.

Below I have included a swatch of Dragon Girl and Cruella for comparison.


    This baby is not drying on the lips and has minimal feathering – two big pluses in my book. My only qualm about it, as with the rest of the jumbo lip pencils by Nars, is that a sharpener is needed. Product does get wasted when sharping and it can be difficult to find a sharpener that is the right size.


    Aside from these two cons, Dragon Girl makes up for it in longevity. I get about 5 hours of wear without eating and 2 after eating. When snaking, I think it’s safe to say I get around 3 to 4 hours of wear. The lipstick really adheres to my lips and does not wear off easily.  Even after wear, it manages to leave a nice lip stain – something along the lines of the Fresh Sugar lip treatment in Cherry.

    I am quite pleased with my Dragon Girl lipstick purchase from Nars. I am a huge fan of Nars lipsticks. Maybe I should do some others posts regarding said lipsticks?
Until next time,

Cristal 

1 comment:

  1. These Nars lip pencils are among my favourite new beauty items!
    xo
    Aleesha
    http://covetandacquire.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete